Tuesday, November 15, 2005

50 Necessary Ingredients For A Rap Video Shoot

1. Blunts
2. Beer
3. Hot pants
4. Hoochie mamas
5. Bling
6. Do-rags
7. Swisher Sweets
8. A humongous posse
9. Security
10. Gang signs
11. Sleazy producers
12. Cutaways of characters counting thousands of dollars of REAL money (not stage money)
13. Gold chains
14. Big flashy rings
15. Sean John apparel
16. Timberlands
17. Pierced navels
18. Pimps n Hoes
19. Self-perpetuating stereotypes
20. Hangers-on who bark at the poor Latino caterers
21. Self-important glam squad
22. Flat irons
23. Grindy stripperish dancing w/ mouths slightly ajar
24. Hustlerish approximations of eroticism
25. The big fat loud guy who thinks he's Cedric the Entertainer
26. Depressed camera crew
27. Absolute disorganization
28. Rappers who think they should be able to direct too
29. Gold teeth
30. Hummers
31. Livin large, livin large, livin large
32. Crotch grabbin
33. Ass spankin
34. Gesturing at a low-and-wide-angled lenses
35. BET camera crew in everyone's face
36. A Catfight: "Listen, bitch..."
37. Profound Lyrics
38. Someone named Trina
39. Fat beats
40. Stolen hooks
41. All the fellas in the house make some noise
42. 2 or 3 Guest appearances (eg Ashanti featuring Method Man & Fat Joe)
43. Straight-fingered arm gesturing
44. Lip licking
45. The baggiest jeans imaginable
46. Remy Martin or Courvesoir back in da traila
47. Lots of overtime
48. Double entendre
49. Picture cars (low riders are out...hummers and sportscars in)
50. Skeezers

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god! Now I finally understand what a "hoochie mama" is. This may be my next blog title, as in "I'm a Hoochie Mama." But that may necessitate the purchase of some knee-high boots (preferably red) and a too-short skirt, which I don't think I can get away with, despite the fact that I may think I'm a Hoochie Mama.

Lisa B. said...

God, the life you lead.

Regarding Dr. Write and the too-short skirt: if not now, when?

Clint Gardner said...

They don't have lots and lots of ice any more?

What about gin and juice?

Anonymous said...

Please help an old fogie understand your language and define these terms:

4. Hoochie mamas
5. Bling
6. Do-rags
7. Swisher Sweets
18. Hoes
22. Flat irons
39. Fat beats
40. Stolen hooks
50. Skeezers

Condiment said...

4. Hoochie mamas are the girls you see in rap videos, especially Six Mixalot's "Baby Got Back." Whorish attire, hot pants, plunging necklines, etc.
5. Bling or "bling bling"...Gold, diamonds, and other sparkly valuables.
6. Do-rags or "doo-rags"..Those bandanaish headscarves some African American men wear.
7. Swisher Sweets...cigarillos? Smaller than a cigar, bigger than a cigarette. Hollow out the Swisher and fill it with weed and you have a "blunt."
18. Hoes: Whores, prostitutes, or anyone who dresses in a totally slutty "hoochyish" way
22. Flat irons: To straighten the hair of the hoochie mamas.
39. Fat beats or "phat beats": Powerful drum machine beats that rappers rap to...Usually with lots of bass.
40. Stolen hooks: aka "sampling." Taking a chorus from an old R&B classic and building a song around it.
50. Skeezers: Rap groupies. See hoochie mamas.

Anonymous said...

re #22: flat irons. My hair dresser (Mame) told me to get a flat iron to make my hair straight. I am a Hoochie Mama!

Condiment said...

Theorris, I just did another one last night (20 hours) for this guy named Young Jeezy. Apparently, he had one of his "assistants" go to the trailer and demand three fifths of Bombay Sapphire, so the gin and juice was flowing, baby....later he was asking for smokables...

He also had a huge entourage of about forty people that clustered around camera and made it difficult to work. At one point I started singing the Public Enemy classic "Too Much Posse," and these new-generation rappers didn't know what I was referring to. Amazing.