Here are some pictures from the former Portuguese colony of Macau. Macau reverted back to the Chinese back in 1998 (I think), but it still has its own unit of currency (the pataca) and they put a stamp in my passport, so I'm not sure what this means. Macau is vastly underrated; it is most beautiful in the morning when the tourists are asleep and when the quiet, curious blend of Europe and Asia is allowed to surface. It is not just a gambling den.
I am starting work on a collection of linked stories called "Second Cities" and Macau will feature in one called "The Impostor."
Man, it's like postcard city in your blog. I read about people traveling places like this, but it nonetheless stuns me when someone I know, sort of, actually does it. Wish you were here, or I was there, or something along those lines.
2 comments:
Beautiful. I could have posted pictures of my trip to Phoenix--I saw a Target, a JC Penny, a Circle K--but I decided not to.
Man, it's like postcard city in your blog. I read about people traveling places like this, but it nonetheless stuns me when someone I know, sort of, actually does it. Wish you were here, or I was there, or something along those lines.
Post a Comment