About a week ago I was going through an old box of travel items and came across $80 wrapped up in a Xeroxed copy of my passport. Three days ago I found six 50-dollar bills mixed in with some old mail. Yesterday I found $42 in another box.
Is the beginning of an new era of good fortune? Or is this a harbinger of doom, since good luck comes in threes?
I hope for the former. God, I hope for the former.
4 comments:
So you are not going to posit that it could be that you're just forgetful or have too much money to know what to do with?
Yeah, I think there's something wrong with you if you can have that money just lying around and you don't miss it.
But don't let this prevent you from blogging about the luck or doom.
btw, I would like some boots for my birthday! :)
Could you send some of that my way? Once I found a five dollar bill in my coat pocket from the previous winter, and one other time I found $50 in a copy of a book I lent to a boyfriend that had moved on from me. I totally kept it and spent it on shoes. But this was a long, long time ago, sadly.
Actually, and however, I felt almost as happy as if I *had* found six $50 bills in my mail when I saw that you had posted. So I guess I've got that going for me.
That's a lot of cash. I never have cash. I'm more jealous of the cash than the money. It's very hard to buy things on the street--like hand-woven hats and turquoise necklaces and kachinas--without cash in this neck of the woods.
I second what Lisa B says about the posting.
Post a Comment