"I never had the opportunity to meet a guy named Nick Reed who was a linebacker for Kansas. And I always felt like he personified what a football player is and what a football player should be. I'd actually like to have a picture of Nick Reed.
But anyway. We decided as Potts was going through his tough times, we decided all of our players, we'd like them to be more like Nick and led by Nick would be even better. We figured it wouldn't hurt us to have a Nick, so now we do."
I love that, I really do.

2 comments:
I can think of a million other situations in which this might be a relevant move. It *is* excellent.
At Crossfit, they came up with a nemesis, Jimbob. It's sort of the same concept, but opposite. He is supposed to motivate us. Apparently, they were inspired by the film "The Three Amigos" and the discussion, you'll remember, of El Guapo.
I think I might need a personal Nick, if that means that he will "lead" me, that is, inspire me to do good, and also give me a scholarship.
Post a Comment