Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Polyphasic 2011

Some of you might remember my polyphasic sleep experiments from a few years back (5 years, back, believe it or not, back when I was single or just courting the K). Historically I went for a core sleep of 4.5 hours nightly and 3 20 minute naps per day. This seemed to work for about a week after which my body couldn't take it anymore. I never was able to convince my body that this was a better mode of living than the old system, and invariably I'd lay down for a 20-minute nap and then sleep through my alarm and wake up about 9 hours later.

Then I'd really be screwed.

Well, the K left for Texas, I've got a few days off, and a long list of chores needed to accomplish -- a perfect opportunity to restart the polyphasic insanity.

I'm very excited about this, actually, and I will file a full report on my productivity in the coming week!

Another great (and healthful, actually) bonus about polyphasic sleep wackiness is that my caffeine intake will diminish close to zero (hopefully). It is IMPOSSIBLE to do this while jacked up on caffeine. I might drink some tea when waking up but coffee is out of the question.

Out of the question!

2 comments:

Dr Write said...

Dude, you are nuts. Besides drinking water and eating well, sleep is the most important thing. Seriously. If the MB went out of town, I'd do the opposite and try to sleep as much as possible. It's impossible, but I try.
I fears you are too over ambitious. You. Must. Sleep.
the end

Condiment said...

Don't crush my dreams!