It seems fitting somehow that this milestone would occur just after a weekend in Salt Lake, where this blogging effort basically started. Front Porch productivity over the last seven years has diminished exponentially (almost perfectly so). The first year saw over 100 posts, 2006 and 2007 combined to equal that same amount, and the final 100 posts took nearly four years to accomplish.
At this rate it'll take eight years to do the next 100. Post number 500 will happen near the end of 2035, when I am close to retirement age.
This is pure quantity, of course. We are not even touching on the issue of quality.
Perhaps Middlebrow will renew his blogging efforts in the interest of competition? A blog race, maybe? Is there value in this?
It is still hard to say...!
2 comments:
Impressive mathematical analysis, I must say. I personally am committed to renewing my efforts, blogwise--I have loved keeping a blog and am sad to have tapered off so precipitously of late. That's about to change.
I am always glad when you blog--one of the things I like best about blogging is that I have gotten acquainted, at least in blog form, with people I might never have known at all. You're one of those people, just so you know.
But mostly I want to encourage you to nag MB about blogging. What the hell. I'm not sure he gave it his best effort. I think you, and perhaps only you, could prod him into further effort, with this competition thing you've got going on. God knows I've tried.
Thanks for the nice comments, Hightouch! I will work on MB's lackluster efforts...
Post a Comment