Saturday, October 22, 2011

WTF Nobody Told Me! -or- I Am an Award-Winning Human

I was doing some ego-Googling today and came across this surprise:


in which my story "The Instructions" was listed as one of Story South's "Million Writers Award Notable Stories of 2007."

Nobody told me! It's as if it never happened... Maybe if I would have known about this award it would have given me the confidence to change my life for the better! Maybe it would have impelled me to write more fiction instead of trying to write and make movies. Maybe everything would be different.

Then again, maybe not. Maybe things would be worse.

Who can say?



3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This is the second story I've heard this week about a person who won and award or was a finalist for an award and was never told. I tell you, literary contests are not run by the most efficient or effective persons around. Maybe I'm generalizing from too small a sample, but it kind of seems that way.

Anyway, congratulations, seriously.

middlebrow said...

I would like to think that we all have won multiple awards and prizes but haven't yet been notified.

Condiment said...

Thanks, Lisa! Middlebrow: Yes, I agree...