Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Taiwan Keywords

High Intensity
No Tourist Infrastructure
Scooters!
Clean Wide-Boulevarded Taipei
Karaoke Miscue!
Kanji Game
Lost Or Just Wandering Around: You Decide
Seafood
Laid Back Locals
Tallest Building In the World
Menu Decoding
Accident-free Traffic Insanity
Genki Cab Drivers
Sidewalk-free Walking
Chinese Medicinal Foods
Jade Shopping
Tea Shopping
Shopping Shopping
Dinner Theater (Evening Storytime)
Train Disembarkation Plan
Train Disembarkation Debacle!
Where Is the Eighth Bag?
Nobody Listens To Me
Safe (and not-so-safe) Walking
Unreliable Travel Books
Bamboo Street: True or False?
Wrong Exit!
Free Umbrella!
Bathroom?
English Menu?
Internet?
Taiwan's 2nd Language: Japanese
See You At the Hotel
Snake Alley!
Afternoon Naps
Temple OD
Here There Are No Taxis! Go There!
Walking walking walking
Starbucks: Grande Hot Coffee, One, Stay Here

Chang Kai Shek

Taipei Scooters

Gluttons

The Hollywood Hitman

Tainan Alley

Kaohsiung @ Sunset

Mom & Dad in Tainan

Picking From the Menu

Kaohsiung Night Market

Incense

Jiufen

NE Coast

7 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Bamboo Street: True
Lost

[in case you were looking for answers]

What is the beach in the last picture?

lis said...

you're making me increasingly jealous. with every travel post, life in SL just gets bleaker.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to announce the beard contest winner?

Condiment said...

Lisa B bats 50%: Bamboo St. is false, Lost is true. I forget the name of the beach, but they are the Nanya Rock Formations somewhere on the NE coast, about an hour away from Taipei.

Lis, don't worry, I've been back here in hell for a couple of weeks now. I'm just trying to stretch out the concept of holiday for as long as I can.

KB brings up a good point. I think it's between Middlebrow and Kicking Bear at this point, although KB jumped the gun by a month from what I hear.

So everyone has either quit or violated the rules...Middlebrow might win by default.

I propose a modification of the existing contest: everyone submit pictures of their "best beards" and we'll post those and everyone can judge.

BTW, if you type "sleepy e" into a google search it comes up with "Sleepy E's Front Porch. Beard-Growing Contest."

lis said...

that's a very good idea, sleepy-e, stretching out the holiday-ing through the blog. even if you're at home you can enjoy other peoples' envy. next time I go somewhere, that's the plan. sadly, over the holidays, i neither went anywhere neither did I have success in my beard-growing efforts.

Clint Gardner said...

Hey Superfan E, want to join the Lane Clogging Osterblog?

Clint Gardner said...

Oh and I had a great beard going until I uncerimoniously shaved it off just in time for school to start back up.