Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Breaking the Silence/Resolutions

I wouldn't say that I'm into New Years Resolutions, necessarily, but I am big on goals. Call me Taskmaster E. Each year, each month, each week gets its to-do list.

So I'm happy to report the very first goal-failure of 2006: Blog Less.

Usually the act of writing a goal down helps to solidify its importance...yet the pull of the blogosphere is mighty like the moon on the tides...I am already sucked back into my 2005ish ways after only two weeks of reticence. (Dr. Write has fared better, I feel...Otter butt also).

Ultimately, it is not the act of blogging that is the problem, but the act of perpetually checking everyone's blog for new comments that squanders my productive hours. Unfortunately, it is difficult to have one without the other. Oh well. Such is life.

But I will blog less when World Cup comes round, tho! I promise!

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

1. Like we want you to blog less.

2. And don't you think "squander" is a tiny exaggeration?

3. C'mon, it's fine to go through ups and downs, but an overall goal to blog less? It's not fair to the rest of us, man.

Clint Gardner said...

While I'm all for vacations from it, my blog is now my only pet and I cannot let it starve to death. I get a bit overboard on blogs I commit to, so I cut back, as one might cut back on cake or rum or rum-soaked cake.

Nik said...

I want to blog more. I've been abducted by aliens and rarely am allowed access to the computer. They promise to return me to earth but I fear they'll erase my memory. If so, I may no longer be able to remember what "blogs" are. Or keyboards for that matter. Still, I hope to contact you from the planet Job Market soon.