Thursday, June 08, 2006

Monkey Ownership

Yesterday we finished up a 2-day Outkast video. Outkast consists of two men from Atlanta, Big Boi and Andre 3000. Andre is clearly the more talented of the two, the hitmaker who penned "Hey Ya" and "Roses." These days they record everything separately (and tour separately too, I think) and their albums are double albums (one of Big Boi's songs and one of Andre 3000's). Unfortunately, our video was a Big Boi video and although it had some good things going for it it was lame in the end. Here is a picture of a TV person (a little person told to dance around with a TV over his head):

Picture012

What I really want to talk about, though, is the actress with the monkey in the lunch line. The woman with the Paris Hilton nose and demeanor who held a collared pet monkey in her arms like a baby. "That totally offends me," I said to my assistant, "That thing is a wild animal and I hope it goes Monkey Shines on her." My assistant dragged me off to one side and told me that he had hooked up with this woman in Las Vegas and that she had taken a year off of work to domesticate the baby monkey, which is what they tell you to do when you're raising a monkey as a pet. Apparently, she was part of a reality show called "paradise Hotel", which had a lowbrow hook-up-or-get-kicked-off hook. "I don't care. That thing is a wild animal and I hope it fangs her ass."

This isn't the first time I've seen a young woman carrying around a monkey, Paris Hilton style. I thought toy dogs were bad enough, but now it seems like it's a fashionable race to own the exotic. Fur coats are gauche but jungle animals are okay, i guess. Grr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. It is bad to own a monkey. Though son claimed today "There's a monkey in the car." Meaning him.