Friday, August 04, 2006

My Ridiculous Rental Car

Last week my Subaru was crushed in the parking lot of the Camera House. The offending vehicle, I am happy to report, was the camera truck for the commercial I was working on at the time (Kay Jewelers, eww). It seems so fitting that it was the camera truck (our camera truck) was the very thing that wrecked my parked car. Something about my personal life getting the smackdown from my work life, an "unrewarding" work life, something like that. The production assistant driver punched the side of the truck to show how upset he was by this.

This is a picture of my poor Subaru, which was hit sideways in the rear-end area and shoved three feet sideways.

IMG_1404

This is a closer-up version of the damage.

IMG_1408

Now the Subaru is in the body shop and I'm driving a ridiculous rental car, the Chrysler Pacifica, a pimped-out SUV in Chrysler's newish "luxury" line (PT Cruiser, etc). The thing is so large I can barely wedge it into my parking space at home.

This is a picture of the monster.

Picture014

This is a picture of my record-setting gasoline purchase.

Picture015-1

The gf's Prius is at least ten times more efficient. But not as fun! No, not as fun! Besides, I will survive any accident now, yes I will...

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

once I got upgraded to a big-ass SUV (this was before gas prices rocketed)--I admit it was fun to drive, but I felt a great deal of relief when I turned it back in.

middlebrow said...

Can you drive that thing to Salt Lake City? Won't it drive itself?

Condiment said...

The gf has already outcooled the Pacifica by rigging it so she can access her iPod playlists via the Prius GPS screen. No Bluetooth in Pacifica either...