My goal is to one day eat an $18 hamburger without flinching. I can tell you this, Middlebrow couldn't do it. He would look at the menu, throw it down and stomp out. But then I could have a burger in peace, along with an equally expensive glass of Pinot Noir. Wait, I'm rushing out right now to get something to eat. (just kidding)
9 comments:
The question is, was it good or wasn't it?
It doesn't matter. It was eighteen dollars.
My goal is to one day eat an $18 hamburger without flinching. I can tell you this, Middlebrow couldn't do it. He would look at the menu, throw it down and stomp out.
But then I could have a burger in peace, along with an equally expensive glass of Pinot Noir.
Wait, I'm rushing out right now to get something to eat.
(just kidding)
Was it room service? If not, then I am impressed. If it was, I am not impressed.
No, not room service. Yes, it was an excellent Kobe beef burger w Gruyere + stuff.
Gee, for that kind of money I could get (and would rather have) 18 bottles of bubbly!
Yes. Kicking bear has it exactly right.
Philistines! Pragmatists!
Not me, baby. I've eaten super-expensive food and love love loved it, so do not see the burger's value in pragmatic terms.
Post a Comment