The purchase was made sight unseen from 800-OLD-NAVY because their primitive website can't handle Safari and I couldn't actually select what I wanted. Since I wear cargo shorts to work year-round but they don't stock them in their stores in fall and winter, I had to make the purchase over the phone. The friendly customer service rep listed all of the colors and styles available in my size, including green and blue camouflage.
"Sure," I said, without thinking. "Give me the camo. Why not?"
About a year ago I read an article in an arts and culture magazine about some fashion company that specialized in creative camo. There was this whole line of rhetoric about reclaiming camo from its warmongering associations. About how the more we wear camo in the streets the more diluted its military link becomes. I thought this was a lot of bullshit, too.
There is a lot of bullshit.
So do they look good or what?
9 comments:
No.
E look at cabelas.com. you can find some "really cool" camo stuff there.
K
That's Old Navy version of military garb?
Kind of amusing, really.
Is this you, or is this from GQ?
also digging the gray-toed socks. you know to how accessorize.
You need more b-ball gear, though. I see you in a pair of official NBA socks.
Hey don't listen to the haters. I like them. Good length. Not too long, not too short. Just below the knees is where I like to see them. My dad wears shorts above his knees. Yes, even 1" above the knees is above the knees. The perfect pair of shorts for our line of manual labor even if we never use those cargo pockets.
Bummed you were booked this Thur. Let's try to hang for a little bit after work one of these days before you take off for Asia.
-Don
Hey! What happened to your boycott of sequels? Jackass 2?!
Where is sleepy e? Have the dark forces kidnapped him and refused to let him blog?
Post a Comment