Sunday, September 18, 2011

Print

This came to our house a few weeks ago:


I had forgotten that I had submitted a few years ago, and forgotten that they had accepted. It is kind of cool to have something featured in print, even if it's a story that makes me cringe now.


One has to wonder how long literary journals will continue to exist in print form.


This is the first bit of fiction I've written that has been published in a physical form I can put on a shelf if I want to. Maybe the last, too!


3 comments:

Nik said...

Congratulations. Very great news. Also, I thought the journal at first looked like a phone book--another thing I thought would be obsolete by now but is not. But I love Painted Bride Quarterly and you are doubly awesome for your multi-media talents.

middlebrow said...

Definitely not the last!

Lisa B. said...

Congrats! PBQ has a hefty quality that must be very satisfying. There's something about print that seems to feel so real to the writer (as I'm observing with our student mag, which has both a print and a web manifestation) ...maybe in a way, the dying off of the print hegemony makes the print artifact feel that much more special?