I have been remiss, I'm sorry. I've been Busy Beyond Belief, which is no excuse, I know, I have been in Read-Only Mode. I have been visiting the blogosphere but not participating. There is working and sleeping and then working and sleeping and then a little bit of stressing and then working and sleeping some more.
Some day it will all end.
There are new digs in West Hollywood.
There are fifteen 12- to 14 hour days in a row.
There is the impending film festival and the last-minute effort to meet a deadline.
There is the trip to Vegas, which ends poorly.
There is the sickness, and the fever, and the vomiting.
There is the mail piling up, piling.
There is the myth of Sisyphus and all that junk.
There are the flakes and the AWOLs and the dealbreakers.
There is the malfunctioning iPod.
There is the new female friend on the scene.
There are a lot of things.
7 comments:
Where is my new female friend on the scene? Where is my large automobile? Where is my beautiful house?
I've been paying close attention to the Houston web site. You seem to have decent billing. Why don't they link to your web site?
This is not my beautiful house!
This is not my beautiful wife!
So, sickness, vomiting, waking, sleeping, new female friend. Can't wait till it all ends--well, maybe not _all_ of it--and we get to hear all about it.
Take note: getting laid is NOT, I repeat, NOT a valid excuse for not blogging (readers take note!). I have needs, and they trump pretty much everyone else's needs. And these needs are: to read blogs.
Congrats on the movie and the moving and the NFF.
And this is, in fact, your beautiful life.
Sheesh its all about the new female friend and nothing about dreams of fellow bloggers being murderers or having scandalous government jobs.
No respect.
And Dr. Write, getting laid is the best reason not to blog.
Ask you know who.
And the days go by and the water's falling down.
Thank you all now, I'm going to go into my basement and listen to my Talking Head records. Yeah they are vinyl and I've owned them for 20 years.
[That was all supposed to be all one big post, by the way.)
I just want to say that while I may not be blogging much since meeting the NMF, he has started a blog since we met: www.imbuildingarockwall.blogspot.com. I provide this as a counter-example to the theory that getting laid leads to a dearth of blogging. According to the NMF, blogging energy is conserved (i.e., there is only so much of it in the world) and any lack of blogging on my part has been made up by his new blogging enthusiasm. By the way, the NMF is in Atlana, hence the blogging.
Post a Comment