Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Middle-oke and the K-Town Paparazzo

Alas, Middlebrow has returned home and life goes back to normal. It was fun while it lasted. Last night we went on a Shaqued-up version of the Koreatown Walking Tour, starting at the Soot Bull Jeep for pulgogi, then stumbling to the Yi Ga Ju for some karaoke box, and to a random roach coach on Vermont for some carne asada tacos.

Here is a picture of us behaving like cheerful feral dogs.

IMG_4265

In an attempt to document the historic event of Middle-oke, I pulled out my little consumer mini-DV camera and trained it on Middlebrow. I was hoping for some insightful commentary to cut into the Middle-oke music video (slated for a Sunday release), but he wasn't having it. M did not like being a bug under the glass. He had an acute Sean-Pennesque reaction to the whole thing, shoving his hand into the lens and cursing under his breath--threatening lawsuits, physical violence, that sort of thing. I told him he had a responsibilty to his readership and to buck up. He was not so amused. This will make for some great B-roll bits (lashing out in slow motion, angrily chewing tacos, etc.).

I was a trifle worried at first, but Middlebrow took to karaoke immediately, cranking through the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby," Tears for Fears' "Shout," Leonard Cohen's "I'm Your Man," and, of course, "The End" by the Doors. Highlights included an ear-shattering version of Nirvana's "Rape Me" and a masculine, muscular version of Abba's "Dancing Queen."

Here Middlebrow contemplates the subtext of "Dancing Queen" and his role in singing about it.

Middle-oke 001952;00

Tomorrow I start work on another Lindsay Lohan video, which of course will be inferior to the Middle-oke Music Video. Embarassingly inferior. Ridiculously so. We are geniuses and they are not.

How they must hate us.

2 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

He looks pretty guilty to me.

Clint Gardner said...

He still looks guilty, even though I've witnessed his extraordinary parenting skills.